Date(s) – Jun 14 2017 until Jun 16 2017
9:30 am – 12:30 pm
Calling all 4th graders!
Come join local museums for a fun-filled adventure in our History Explorers Camp!
This three-day camp will take you on an exploration of the history of our community with special tours, behind-the-scenes experiences and hands-on activities as you learn about the history of our community and the people that helped shape what it is today.
**Below is a tentative schedule of events for the camp that is subject to change.**
June 14th–Oak Hill & Martha Berry Museum–9:30am-12:30pm
- Take a trip back in time to learn about Martha Berry
- See rarely displayed objects in Ms. Berry’s home
- Visit the original log cabin school started by Ms. Berry
June 15th–Rome Area History Museum–9:30am-12:30pm
- Take a clocktower tour
- Discover the history of Rome by exploring Historic Downtown
June 16th–Chieftains Museum/Major Ridge Home–9:30am-12:30pm
- Enjoy storytelling and crafts with members of the Cherokee Nation
- Learn about the history of the 19th century Cherokee
- Explore Cherokee agriculture in the Demonstration Garden
Student Requirements & Information:
- A $30.00 fee per student is required to cover expenses for all participating museums
- Students must be going into or must have completed the 4th grade in a Rome City or Floyd County school by May 2017.
- Registration forms must be submitted by June 5, 2017.
- Only 30 students will be chosen to participate in the camp based on a first come, first served basis
- Parents are required to provide transportation to and from the host museum each day of the camp.
Click here to download a reservation form.
Submit completed reservation forms to:
PO Box 373
Rome, GA 30162
or email them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org