Date(s) – Jun 14 2017 until Jun 16 2017
9:30 am – 12:30 pm
Calling all 4th graders!
Come join local museums for a fun-filled adventure in our History Explorers Camp!
This three-day camp will take you on an exploration of the history of our community with special tours, behind-the-scenes experiences and hands-on activities as you learn about the history of our community and the people that helped shape what it is today.
–Click here to view the flier for the event–
**Below is a tentative schedule of events for the camp that is subject to change.**
June 14th–Oak Hill & Martha Berry Museum–9:30am-12:30pm
- Take a trip back in time to learn about Martha Berry
- See rarely displayed objects in Ms. Berry’s home
- Visit the original log cabin school started by Ms. Berry
June 15th–Rome Area History Museum–9:30am-12:30pm
- Take a clocktower tour
- Discover the history of Rome by exploring Historic Downtown
June 16th–Chieftains Museum/Major Ridge Home–9:30am-12:30pm
- Enjoy storytelling and crafts with members of the Cherokee Nation
- Learn about the history of the 19th century Cherokee
- Explore Cherokee agriculture in the Demonstration Garden
Student Requirements & Information:
- A $30.00 fee per student is required to cover expenses for all participating museums
- Students must be going into or must have completed the 4th grade in a Rome City or Floyd County school by May 2017.
- Registration forms must be submitted by June 5, 2017.
- Only 30 students will be chosen to participate in the camp based on a first come, first served basis
- Parents are required to provide transportation to and from the host museum each day of the camp.
Completed registration forms can be dropped by the museum during our regular operating hours, mailed to the following address:
PO Box 373
Rome, GA 30162
or they can be emailed to us at email@example.com